.: news :.
10-04-2010 - Festival season 2010
As every year in April, we have put together a program for the festival season, this year featuring a more diverse program.
This summer Metalpics is joining and strongly recommending the following festivals:
- Metalfest: Death Angel, Legion Of The Damned, Behemoth and Twilight Of The Gods are just a few of the over 40 bands that will be performing at this year's Metalfest Switzerland on one indoor and one outdoor stage from May 13th till 15th. Check out the details at the Metalfest or the Z7 website.
- Sonisphere: For the first time the big four will be performing together at the same event: Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer. But that's not all! Heaven & Hell, Motörhead, Alice In Chains and 19 other bands will be joining the Sonisphere festival 2010 on June 17th and 18th in Switzerland. For more information about the festival check out the Sonisphere website.
- Tuska: For the 7th time Metalpics will be joining the festival in the heart of Helsinki. Devin Townsend, Mastodon, Megadeth and W.A.S.P. are just a few of the over 30 acts that will be conquering the three stages from July 2nd till 4th. And don't forget to keep an eye on the line-up of the infamous after show parties across the city! For more info visit Tuska-Festival.fi.
- Brutal Assault: This year, the exclusive area at an old army fortress in Jaromer, 130km east of Prague with a unique atmosphere will be conquered by over 40 bands such as Children Of Bodom, Hypocrisy, Mnemic and Fear Factory. For more information about the festival that is taking place from August 12th till 114th check out the official festival website.
- Mountains Of Death: From neat event of 350 in 2001 this festival has grown into a well established european death metal event, which hasn't loose any of it's legendary atmosphere. Suffocation, Dying Fetus, The Black Dahlia Murder and many others will be warming up the heart and neck of the moshers facing a unique alpine surrounding. For more info check out MountainsOfDeath.ch.
See you there!
12-01-2010 - Helsinki Metal Meeting 2010
The annual Finnish Metal Expo, the main event of Helsinki Metal Meeting is taking over the Cable Factory for the sixth time on Feb 19.-20. This is where more than 50 operators in the metal music industry showcase their latest offerings in the exhibition area and the hot metal acts take the stage. The live shows on Friday and Saturday will be provided by artists such as Amorphis, Satyricon, Hypocrisy, Sonata Arctica and Apocalyptica.
The Finnish Metal Awards gives the public the chance to vote the best of Finnish metal in 2009. The voting begins on Nov 1st 2009 at Imperiumi.net. The FMA-gala will be held at the Cable Factory on Saturday Feb 20th 2010.
See you there!
07-12-2009 - Amorphis shirt and girlie design!
A picture I took of Tomi Joutsen has been used by Amorphis for the design of a vintage shirt and girlie. For a picture of the shirts check out the tearsheets gallery at Shelley-J.com.
The "Joutsen -vintage shortsleeve" and the "Joutsen -girlie vintage shortsleeve" are now available at the Amorphis Webshop.
16-11-2009 - Winter season
We're taking the opportunity of the short autumn break to prepare the plans for the winter and the first few months of 2010. Metalpics will be covering quite a few events organized by Free & Virgin, one of the top event organizers in the area of Zurich, Switzerland. Here comes a little preview of the events we'll be seeing and taking pictures at:
- W.A.S.P. - 18.12.2009, Dynamo Zurich
- Hypocrisy - 11.02.2010, Dynamo Zurich
- Lacuna Coil - 01.03.2010, Dynamo Zurich
- Airbourne - 08.03.2010, Volkshaus, Zurich
- Slayer - 30.03.2010, Volkshaus Zurich
Please notice that the Slayer tour was postponed from December 2009 to March 2010.
See you there!
18-10-2009 - Metalpics on Twitter
If you would like to hear more news about Metalpics, you can do so now by following us on Twitter. The profile will also include news from the portfolio website Shelley-J.com and thus news about promotional pictures and publications.
.: Metalpics.ch mascotte :.
.: visitors :.
since Sept 11th, 2002